Physical appearance, especially height, can be a significant factor influencing your children’s confidence. If your child is more towards the chubby side but is tall enough, it can balance both the proportions and make your child way more appealing. In contrast, you will not notice it today, but it will take a toll on your child’s personality. The pause in height development can be due to various reasons. It can be environmental changes or hormonal changes. It can also be possible that they have delayed bone development age, which means their bones will grow slower than the other children of the same age. They can have a deficiency of growth hormone, or it can be genetics also. Keep reading to discover 5 common reasons that might restrict the height development of your child.
- Inadequate nutrition: It’s a well-known fact that height is not completely determined by genetics. Nutrition also has a role to play in boosting the height of a child. Obviously, stunted height can be an indication of poor diets. That’s why parents should pay attention to providing their kids with well-balanced diets including a variety of foods. Make sure they get proper nutrients to catch up on growth, especially calcium, collagen, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
- Deficiency of growth hormone (GH) occurs when damage is caused to the pituitary gland or hypothalamus gland. These glands are responsible for the production of many hormones, including growth hormones as well. This hormone deficiency can occur by birth or due to the injury caused during life or genetic disorders. To recover the deficit, the pediatric endocrinologist (specialized in treating children hormone-related problems) will mostly suggest the intake of synthetic growth hormones, which can be beneficial to some but not to all.
Can any supplements help? Herbal and organic supplements can be of great help. What matters is the right choice of supplements that can make a difference to your child’s growth. Many of the supplements are out there, which you can provide your kids with vital nutrients to grow taller naturally and effectively.
One natural grow-taller supplement is NuBest Tall. This product was developed by a team of medical doctors from the US combining traditional Oriental herbals with advanced Western medicine. NuBest Tall is specially designed for children (5+) and teenagers, who need a nutritional boost to unlock their full potential height. This product contains an excellent source of calcium, collagen, herbs, and nutrients – all essentials for an ideal height that your daily diet may lack. Its proprietary herbal blend delivers special herbs proven to activate the brain to produce more growth hormone, thereby boosting up strong and healthy height gain.
- Constitutional delay of growth and puberty (CDGP): This is the most commonly seen factor in most children lacking in height development. When a child suffers from temporary skeletal growth delay due to inherited genes or unknown reason, in these cases, the development rate of a child slows down compared to the growth rate of their peers. But this slow rate recovers its pace as the child reaches puberty. As parents, you should consult your doctor to check if your children are suffering from CDGP. Certain tests including an X-ray of their hand and wrist can help the doctor have important information about their bone growth in relation to their age. A blood test can also be done to determine problems with hormone imbalances.
- Hypothyroidism: This is when the thyroid gland cannot produce the hormone required for maintained metabolism and other body functions, including physical growth. If hypothyroidism is left undiagnosed, then it can lead to the retarded growth rate of your child. If your child’s thyroid gland doesn’t work well, his/ her doctor may prescribe thyroid hormone replacement drugs.
- Turner’s syndrome: This is a female-only genetic disorder that affects about 1 in every 2,000 baby girls. A girl with Turner’s syndrome has an X chromosome or a pair of X chromosomes missing. But this affects the height development of the girls. Even though children with Turner syndrome can naturally release growth hormone, the doctor may recommend daily injections so that their bodies can use it more properly.
There can be various reasons why your children are not as tall as they should be. There is something parents can do to contribute to the height growth of their children. As early treatment can help your children improve their height, please contact your doctor or healthcare provider if you see any signs of stunted height. They can help you to determine the issues associated with height growth and figure out a suitable treatment plan. Besides, to prevent growth failure, routine check-ups for children should be done regularly.