Homeowners generally don’t spend that much time studying the state of their roof. You might not even know there is a problem until it rains and there’s a leak. Although you might know next to nothing about fixing a roof, you know ignoring the issue is wrong. It’s natural to want to get water tight again fast and call in the nearest roofing guy. It’s also reasonable to think he will do a good job. Sadly, failing to find the right roofing guy could cause more issues than it solves.
Finding the right type of roofing company is essential. Without a reputable company you risk experiencing so many issues with your roof down the road. For instance:
● You may have to deal with leaks. No matter what type of roof you’re installing, it may start to leak if installed incorrectly by inexperienced contractors. In this case, you will have to go for a rapid preventative maintenance program and correct the cause or at least limit the amount of water intrusion. Either way, fixing a bad roofing job could work out expensive.
● You may have to deal with tenting, blow-offs or billowing. You experience these problems when inept roofers fail to attach the roof securely to the substrate. You’re more likely to deal with billowing and blow-off if you’re going for single-ply roofing. To avoid this, work an experienced roofing contractor, such as Commercial Roof Systems Dallas, who are experts in their field. They work efficiently according to industry guidelines and material specifications whilst always following building code for your area.
● The life expectancy of your roof falls considerably after poor workmanship and installation have done their damage. To avoid this, work closely with your chosen professional. Ask them to provide you with a quote for the work and a step by step checklist so you can monitor progress. It also makes sense at this point to ask about moisture surveys, especially if you’re planning to add insulation. A written inspection report from your roofing contractor is also a good way to ensure you receive quality services.
● You may have to deal with pooling water when working with inexperienced contractors. When water is left standing it can quickly lead to structural damage. To maintain the structural integrity of your property you need to address the issue as soon as possible. Sometimes, asking your contractor to add roof drains or use tapered roof insulation remedies the issue. Flashings can also cause the same trouble so it’s worth checking them over too.
● You may experience problems related to shrinkage. While the experience of your roofing contractor really matters, sometimes, it isn’t possible to avoid shrinkage if using single-ply roofing. Flashings pulling away from the crazing could be a sign of a shrinking roof. Be sure to take your time to conduct visual inspections and then ask experts to help you fix these issues.
So, be sure to do your research and ensure that you only let an experienced and certified roofing contractor to take charge of things.