The initial threat of the Covid-19 pandemic might have faded in some parts of the world. Nevertheless, the virus is still prevalent, and one way to keep yourself safe is by wearing a mask. Wearing the best masks, such as the Omnitex ffp2 face mask offers protection against the virus by blocking droplets that may contain it. It also protects other people close to you in case you are infected but don’t know it yet.
However, even with the best mask, there are certain dos and don’ts that you need to follow to ensure that you are getting the most out of your mask.
Here are some important dos and don’ts of wearing masks:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before putting on your mask: You need to make sure that your hands are clean before putting on the mask. Otherwise, you might end up contaminating the mask.
- Wash your mask regularly: Just like your clothes, you need to wash your masks regularly. Depending on how often you use it, you should aim to wash it at least once a week.
- Opt for a disposable mask: If washing your mask is not an option, then you should at least opt for a disposable one. This way, you can just throw it away after using it and not worry about washing it.
- Reuse single-use masks: As the name suggests, single-use masks are meant to be used only once. Reusing them will not only make them less effective but also increase the risk of you contracting the virus.
- Share your masks: Masks are personal items and should not be shared with anyone, even if they are close to you. sharing masks can increase the chances of spreading the virus.
- Wear a wet mask: A wet mask is not only less effective but also uncomfortable to wear. If your mask gets wet, replace it with a new one as soon as possible.
- Touch your face while wearing the mask: If you touch your face while wearing the mask, you might contaminate it. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth while wearing the mask.
- Wear a mask below the nose: Wearing the mask below your nose defeats the purpose of wearing it in the first place. Make sure that the mask covers your nose and mouth properly.
Following these simple dos and don’ts will help you get the most out of your mask and keep yourself safe from the Covid-19 virus.