What Are Medical Negligence Solicitors?
Every year, millions of people undergo the unfortunate situation of being misdiagnosed by their health care professionals. When you are in this situation and unsure of whom to turn to, your best option is to seek the guidance of solicitors who specialize in claiming compensation for patients so they can resolve the matter.
Many companies claim to be good at it, but very few win cases for their clients based on a few reasons such as lack of knowledge or expertise. There are, however, dedicated solicitors such as the ones mentioned on this Homepage that specialise in this issue and offer a variety of claims that not many are aware they have the option for.
Medical negligence solicitors can help you claim compensation for several issues such as:
- Birth Injury Claims – from oxygen starvation at birth to stillbirths
- Delayed Treatment Claims – delays in treating various health conditions
- Surgery Complication Claims – anything from a hysterectomy to breast reduction surgery complications
Reasons To Choose To Work With a Medical Negligence Solicitor
If you are not aware of how to choose the right specialist, there are a few things you should consider. This can be anything from the location to being referred to one by a family or friend. However, if you want to increase your chances of winning a claim, you should go for a practice that offers a few other things. The list below touches on some of these aspects:
- A reputable brand may be the right starting point
- Check their website to see what they specialise in. This Gadsby Wicks homepage serves as a good example of how clear and obvious it can be to spot the specialty
- Read about any case studies they have mentioned on their website
- Give them a call and speak to them about your issue to get a better understanding of their professionalism and areas of interest
- Check to see if they are an accredited establishment. They should be accredited by the Law Society, which is a professional association that governs solicitor firms. As well as other bodies such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority, or the Lawyers Society
- They should have an extensive portfolio of services, but all related to the medical field
If all the above boxes are ticked, book an appointment with them to meet face to face to discuss the issues or if you are not able to, arrange an online meeting via Zoom or Skype.
Does Compensation Make A Difference?
According to the online source Statista, the number of negligence claims reported to the NHS (National Health Service) over the past 5 years has been over 10,000 and counting. For many, who have been misdiagnosed and suffering the consequences, it may feel like a hassle to claim compensation. This is mainly due to the lack of knowledge patients have in this context. However, once you find the right company to handle things for you, there is no need for you to do much, but to wait for the outcome.
The initial process on your part is to provide them with all the relevant information, and all the necessary paperwork and they do the hard work for you. Some of the best medical negligence solicitor firms have won over 97% of their cases. The role of compensation can be critical and when you win a claim, the money that is received will ensure that the patient and their family are financially catered for and can help take the burden off of having to pay for any medical debt and ongoing medical expenses or living costs.