Image source:

A tribute to the elephant that died after eating a pineapple stuffed with firework

At the end of May, a pregnant elephant had died after biting a pineapple filled with fireworks - Indian wildlife officers reported. After biting into the fruit, it exploded in an animals' mouth and severely damaged her jaw. Despite all attempts of saving the elephant, unfortunately, it died.
Kerala Forest Department representation said that local farmers are famous for stuffing food with explosives to keep wildlife away from the fields. Mohan Krishnan - forest officer - shared that this elephant was known for a large amount of trust towards people. He said that once the pineapple exploded, she must have been in shock, thinking only about the small baby that she was going to give birth to in 18-20 months.
The elephant most likely walked further away from Silent Valley National Park in search of food. It walked to Malappuram District, where the booby-trapped food was located. An animal rights activist, Maneka Gandhi, mentioned that Malapurram is well-known for such violent incidents. Sometimes they throw poison on the road, killing 300-400 dogs and birds at once. She also said that an elephant gets murdered every three days in Kerala.

Image credits: Mohan Krishnan
Image credits: Mohan Krishnan
Image credits: Mohan Krishnan
Image: world._.photography0
Image: raibinesh974
Image:  funchershop
Image: karanacharya7
Image: uday.mohite.99
Image: DharniaArvind
Image: Hearthacker2310
Image: Rabiul Islam
Image: artis_o_max
Image: Artist Shubham Dogra
Image: arjuns_art_of_range
Image: theinkedletters
Image: RakeshS03148870
Image: way2newsapp
Image: the_sahil_jadav
Image: sketchbook_.___
Image: kartartist
Image: satishacharya
Image: Heyabhijeet
Image: amolgudadhe
Image: Prince_PSPK1996
Image: ingenious_____1
Image: soul.beatz_
Image: mamothcreates
Image: Nikkr_05
Image: creative_meets_graphic
Image: wirverreckenvorlachen
Image: ravidigitalkr
Image: shumilaya_khan_
Image: BDarkdevil