Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
in

Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, we have only explored a shocking 5% of our ocean. That means that the remaining 95% has yet to be seen by the human eye. To put things in perspective, we know more about the surface of the moon than we do our very own oceans. Fortunately, in recent years, scientists have made a bigger effort to explore and demystify the unexplored parts of the ocean.

The one place they usually start their explorations is in the Mariana Trench. Located off the coast of Japan, the trench stretches for 1580 miles and is about 36,000 feet deep. That may not seem like much but the deeper you go into the ocean, the stronger the atmospheric pressure gets. Despite all our technology, it’s pressure that still prevents us from fully exploring the oceans.

While our technology isn’t perfect, it has managed to get us down the trench quite a bit. What scientists found while they were down there is downright incredible. There was marine life that was unlike anything they had ever seen before. The fish looked they were the descendants of dinosaurs. Take a look at the incredible pictures below.

Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Unidentified species. Just look at how its body glows in the lightless ocean.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
The football fish. Its eye looks almost human in this photo.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Telescope octopus. Its body is entirely see through.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Dragon Fish. Just another of many fish that seem to have glow in the dark effects.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Benthocodon. How can something look so prehistoric and futuristic at the same time?
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
The goblin shark. It’s the perfect description for such a menacing looking creature.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Martensia Ovum. I am reminded of lava lamps when I look at its body.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Unidentified Anglerfish. This is the thing that nightmares are made out of!
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Barreleye Fish. Is it just me or does it look like he has leaves inside his head?
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Hatchetfish. They have a very ghostly appearance to them.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Fangtooth fish. The size of his teeth is incredible!
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Dumbo octopus. This might be the only cute creature to lurk these incredible depths.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Frilled Shark. Just look at those strange teeth.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Anglerfish. It looks like it’s holding a glow in the dark dagger in its hand.
Bizarre Fish Living In The Deepest Part Of The Ocean -ocean
Fanfin seadevil. That is just horrifying.
See the full list here: http://freeyork.org/different/bizarre-fish-living-in-the-deepest-part-of-the-ocean in FreeYork – Polls on LockerDome

What do you think?

15 points
Upvote Downvote

Total votes: 1

Upvotes: 1

Upvotes percentage: 100.000000%

Downvotes: 0

Downvotes percentage: 0.000000%

Leave a Reply